KDHE Recommendations as we return from Spring Break
Saturday, March 14, 2020
KDHE new guidance for school operations as students return from spring break.
This guidance includes the following:
- Thresholds for events and school attendance
- Current guidance is to allow gatherings of up to 100 people. Gatherings of more than 100 people should be avoided.
- Interactions with others where a 6-foot perimeter between individuals is not maintained should last no longer than 10 minutes.
- Classroom sizes should be limited based on the size of the classroom and the ability to provide 6-foot spacing between each person in the room.
- Cafeterias should limit the number of individuals being served based on the ability to provide 6-foot spacing between each person.
- Things that schools can and should be doing:
- Create creative ways to encourage student/staff hygiene throughout the school day.
- Schedule regular hand washing breaks.
- Supply every room with hand sanitizer.
- Anyone with an active cough should be sent home.
- Wipe down surfaces between class changes – or engage students to help before being released.
KDHE also shared this morning that they will be providing very clear guidance to all public health departments on what would trigger a shutdown to ensure all departments are operating consistently.